iDVD Alternative: DVD Burning Software Better than iDVD (Yosemite Included)
iDVD is the default DVD creation software on Mac. Since you are here, you may just get tired of iDVD, or iDVD doesn't work well on your machines. This aricle will recommend a great iDVD alternative well compatible with Mavericks to help you.
Best iDVD alternative for Mac (Yosemite included)
- • Burn video in any format to DVD in high quality.
- • Make a beautiful photo slideshow with stuning effects.
- • Equipped with massive beautifully designed DVD menu templates.
- • Touch up your video and DVD menu templates according to your taste.
- Supported OS: Mac OS X 10.6, 10.7, 10.8, 10.9
Why Choose Wondershare DVD Creator
Support Any Video
It is compatible with almost any video format, like AVI, MP4, MKV, MOV, etc. Just import your video into it, and then you can feel free to burn video to DVD disc, DVD folder and ISO files.
Perfect Edit Video
Want to edit your video before burning DVD? This application is capable of perfectly personlize your video. You can enhance, trim your video, and add watermark and subtitle to your video.
Massive DVD Menu Templates
It lets you make a DVD with its many built-in DVD menu templates, and download more with different DVD menu themes, uncluding holiday, vacation, innovation, etc.
Create photo slideshow
Just take this application to creat your own photo slideshow, and then burn it to DVD. You can retouch your slideshow by trimming, setting the photo duration and transitions, adding background music, etc.
How to use this iDVD alternative for Mac (Yosemite included)
As a better than iDVD alternative for Mac, this DVD burning tool for Mac is designed to make everything simple and easy. Its intuitive interface will guide you to finish the whole burning process in just a few minutes.
Step 1. Load video and/or photo files into iDVD alternative
Here we select "Create a New Project" to open the primary window. You can directly drag the videos or photos into the program or click "+" button to import them. . You can click the "↑" and "↓" button to rearrange the order if necessary.
Note: You can merge a few videos together into a individual section. If you want to separate them, just drag it out of the pane until a blue line appears.
Step 2. Edit the video files (optional)
Many video editing tools are provided to enhance your video files, including Crop, Rotate, Split, Trim, watermark, Effects, etc. Simply highlight a video you need to edit and click "Edit" button. All the changes you've made will appear on the right window.
Step 3. Make custom DVD menus for your DVD (optional)
Over 90 sets of free animated and static DVD menu styles are included in this iDVD alternative Mac. To get started, just click "Menu" button and choose a favorite menu style, and then personalize it with your background image, background music, item position, etc. Select "No Menu" to burn a DVD without a menu. If you particularly like some menus, you can add them to favorite for easy access next time.
Step 4. Preview and start to burn
Make sure everything is perfect by clicking the "Preview" button to preview your DVD movie. Then insert a blank DVD disc and click "Burn" to choose "DVD Disc" option from the drop-down menu. Now this iDVD alternative already begins to work, just leave it in the background. When the DVD burning is complete, it will eject the DVD automatically.
Note: If your DVD project is larger than 4.7G and you don't have a DVD9 disc (7.9G) , just insert a DVD5 disc, Wondershare Mac DVD Creator will compromise between video quality and file size. Your movie will be automatically resize to fit a DVD5 disc.
- 1. In fact, if your final goal is just to burn DVDs, you don't have to convert to ISO format first. You can burn MP4 to DVD directly in this app instead.
2. If you have converted MP4 to ISO files and then burned to a DVD disc which failed to work on home DVD player, that's the MP4 to ISO conversion process wasn't right.
3. Converting MP4 to ISO as a data disc and then burn to a DVD disc won't be recognized by many DVD players. What you need is a program that really does the MP4 to ISO conversion job like the above mentioned DVD creator.
FAQs about iDVD Problems:
1. Question: iDVD burning keeps freezing and the DVD disk is rejected at last step with no error message. How to solve the problem?
You can try to adjust the burn speed x2 and save your DVD as DiskImage. If iDVD still doesn't work, it's good for you to look for an iDVD alternative. You may see some solution threads stuffed with complicated settings, but be careful if you aren't a computer freak. Actually, there is no such a good solution to your problem at present.
2. Question: iDVD still works on Mavericks?
In fact, iDVD was discontinued by Apple for a long time. However, I find that iDVD 7 works well on Mavericks. You can't get iDVD 7 separately, in case that you buy iLife '09 or '11. If you think that is too much for you, just search the Mac Apple store to get another similar software.