How to Download and Install iDVD on New Macs (Mavericks and Mountain Lion Included)
iDVD is a software that allows Mac users to burn DVD movies, music, and digital images. It is widely used on older versions of Lion and Mountain Lion operating systems, but it is now discontinued on newer versions of Lion and Mountain Lion, as well as Maverick. This has been a challenge for mac owners with these newer systems who would like to create and burn DVD projects. In this article, you will learn about downloading the different versions, features, and how to install iDVD on new macs.
There are older iDVD versions and updates that you can get for new macs, but you may have to commit to purchasing the iLife '09 or '11 suite or resort to downloading an alternative. The following provides iDVD version update information for Snow Leopard, Mountain Lion and Maverick operating systems.
There is no easy way to get the full version of iDVD other than downloading the updates to version 7 and purchasing the iLife Suite '09 or '11 discs. If you do not want to go through the hassle and expense of buying the suite and downloading the updates, you should consider downloading the best alternative to iDVD.
The features for the different iDVD versions are small but significant. Use the following information to learn about the different features and updates for the different operating systems and how you can get an iDVD alternative that package all these features into one application.
Note: It is important to note that all the iDVD versions for the different operating systems have the same icon.
The iDVD features are somewhat different for each operating system, but it is best to get a DVD creator that combines all these features in one application. Instead of spending time to find updates with new features, you should download a better alternative, such as Wondershare DVD Creator for Mac. It offers similar and extended features to those available in iDVD.
Installing iDVD on new macs running Snow Leopard, Mountain Lion, and Maverick requires that you have the iLife '09 or '11 disc on hand. If you do not have it you will need to purchase it on Amazon. If you already have the disc, follow the instructions below to install iDVD.
1. Insert the disc into your drive, read the introduction, and then click Continue.
2. On the Software Agreements dialog box, click Agree to continue with the installation.
3. Now, select the hard drive where you would like to install the application and click Continue.
4. Click Install, and then click Customize.
5. Select iDVD and then click Install to complete the installation.
6. When the installation is complete, you can now register the iLife applications.
When the installation and the registration is complete, you will need to download the latest iDVD update from the iDVD version 7.1.2 download page.
1. On the iDVD download page for version 7.1.2, click on Download.
2. Now click on Save File and then follow the instructions to complete the installation for the update.
When you are done installing the update you can now proceed to using iDVD.