- 1 Recover data from different card types
- 1.1 SD Card Recovery
- 1.2 Camera Memory Card Recovery
- 1.3 Recover files from different Memory Cards
- 1.4 Delkin Device Memory Card Recovery
- 1.5 PS2 Memory Card Recovery
- 1.6 Mobile Memory Card Recovery
- 1.7 XD Card Recovery
- 1.8 Flash Card Recovery
- 1.9 MMC Recovery
- 2 Recover data from different memory card brands
- 2.1 Samsung SD Card Recovery
- 2.2 Sandisk Memory Card Recovery
- 2.3 Sandisk CF Card Recovery
- 2.4 Eye-Fi SD Card Recovery
- 2.5 Patriot Memory Card Recovery
- 2.6 Kingston Memory Card Recovery
- 2.7 Kingmax Memory Card Recovery
- 2.8 Transcend Memory Card Recovery
- 2.9 Sandisk SD Card Recovery
- 3 Memory Card Recovery under different senarios
- 3.1 Recover Deleted Files From Memory Card
- 3.2 Memory Card Recovery on Windows/Mac
- 3.3 Recover Deleted Files From SD Card
- 3.4 Recover Formatted SD Card
- 3.5 Online SD Card Recovery
- 3.6 Recover SD Card on Windows/Mac
- 4 Fix Memory Card Error
- 4.1 Memory Card Error
- 4.2 SD Card Not Formatted
- 4.3 SD Card Error
- 4.4 Formatted Memory Card Recovery
- 5 Corrupted/Damaged Memory Card
- 5.1 Damaged Micro SD Card
- 5.2 Recover Photos From Corrupted Memory Card
- 5.3 Corrupted SD Card
- 5.4 Corrupted Card Recovery
- 6 Photos/videos recovery
- 5.1 Recover Deleted Pictures From Micro SD Card
- 5.2 Recover Deleted Pictures From SD Card
- 5.3 Undelete Photos From Memory Card
- 5.4 Recover Deleted Videos from SD Card
- 7 Card Recovery Software
- 5.1 Sim Card Recovery Software
- 5.2 Top 10 Memory Card Recovery Software
- 5.3 Card Recovery Solutions
- 5.4 Best Memory Card Recovery Software
- 5.5 Card Recovery VS Wondershare Data Recovery
- 5.6 7 Data Recovery VS Wondershare Data Recovery
- 5.7 Best SDXC Data Recovery Software
- 5.8 Top 5 SD Card Recovery Software
How to Fix SD Card Not Formatted Error
I have taken hundreds of pictures with 16GB SD card in my camera during my vacation. Right now when I was about to use the card on my computer and my computer recognized the card but I can't access it. The computer told me the SD card was not formatted. I can’t format it too. Is there any way that I can get my picture back from SD card? Best regards.
SD card format error happens mainly because of card system broken/corruption, improper formatting, virus infection or other reasons. Sometimes you can’t even format the card. When you get “SD card is not formatted, do you want to format it now”, you might be worried about losing all files on the SD card because you can no longer access them. But that’s not actually the truth.
No matter you decide to format it or not, you’re likely to recover data after SD card format error with a data recovery program as long as you haven’t put any new data to your SD card. Files on your SD card are just marked as inaccessible data and you can easily recover them with a SD card format error data recovery program like Wondershare Data Recovery, or Wondershare Data Recovery for Mac. This program can perfectly fix your SD card not formatted error and restore all data on it as original. It enables you to recover all kinds of files after SD card not formatted error, including images, audio files, videos, document files, etc.
- Recover files in 550+ formats from your computer storage quickly, safely and completely.
- 3 Recovery Modes to help you recover lost files under different situations
- Supports data recovery from trash, hard drive, memory card, flash drive, digital camera and camcoders
- Preview before recovery allows you to do a selective recovery
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista, Mac OS X (Mac OS X 10.6, 10.7 und 10.8, 10.9, 10.10 Yosemite) auf iMac, MacBook, Mac Pro usw.
You can download a trial version of the program to fix SD card format error now.
Note: When encountering SD card not formatted error, the best way to keep all data safe is to stop doing anything on the card, though you can still recover data even if you decide to format the card. And the lost data can be easily overwritten by new data on your card.
Step 1 Select a recovery mode to recover data after SD card format error
Let’s try fixing SD card not formatted error with Windows version of Wondershare Data Recovery.
After launching the program on your computer, you’ll see the program window displays as below. You can select “Lost File Recovery” mode as a first try.
Step 2 Scan your SD card to look for files on it
The program will show the drive letter of your SD card in the window, and you can select it and click “Start” to allow the program scan files on it.
If you have already formatted the card, please select “Enable Deep Scan” option in the window.
Step 3 Recover files after SD card format error
When the scanning is over, found files on your format error SD card will be displayed in “Path” and “File Type” categories in the window.
Please view file names or preview photos/documents to check how many of files on your format error SD card can be recovered.
Finally, you can mark files and click “Recover” to fix SD card not formatted error and save them to your computer.
Note: Please do not keep the recovered data back to your SD card immediately after recovery to avoid data overwritten.