What is and How to Fix Rundll Error at Startup
Are you getting frustrating when the Rundll error message at startup on your Windows 7, XP or Vista computer? Normally if your computer encounters Rundll error, it pops up the message similar to "The specified module could not be found" or "the application did not start properly", and your computer may become freeze up with painful slow speed because of Rundll error. Want to fix and get rid of it?
What is a Rundll file?
Rundll.exe files are system processes directly related to your Windows operating system. Rundll and its later versions called Rundll 32 are a part of vast network of code and data shared by many programs on your computer, which helps to produce speed and memory efficiency in your operating system by reusing the same code or files when they run many functions by various programs.
What causes Rundll error?
A Rundll error occurs when XP, Windows or Vista systems startup, and you may cause Rundll error in following scenarios:
* Improperly delete a DLL file;
* Missing DLL errors that caused by deletion of a shared DLL file when an application is uninstalled;
* A shared DLL file is deleted or infected by a virus or Trojan;
* Invalid or incorrect DLL entries in the Windows registry;
* DLL files were corrupted.
How to fix Rundll error?
In order to solve this problem, many people may call for a professional or manually remove the Rundll errors. The previous act cost huge to pay for the expert, and the later would make your system destroyed. Fix Rundll errors with the right methods.
1. Reinstall the programs which report the DLL errors to fix it. If the DLL error comes from the third party software, try to uninstall and reinstall it again. Choose the "Repair" option included in some applications which helps you save this trouble when you uninstall it. This method help you fix DLL error by retrieving the missing DLL file.
2. Fix Rundll error by downloading a copy of Rundll file from the Internet. Most of the DLL files are available to download online. You can replace the missing or corrupted Rundll files with the new ones, and remove DLL errors after restart your computer.
3. If you have a networked computer running on the same OS or having the similar programs installed, try to find and copy the same Rundll file from that computer to see if you can fix the error.
4. The defect of your computer windows registry is a crucial reason for the Rundll error. When it gets dumped with unwanted files, you may find such kind of errors on your computer. Thoroughly fix the registry errors and remove them out from Windows registry will be the most instant and effective way to fix Rundll error.
Product-related questions? Speak directly to our Support Team >>