How to Restore Your iPhone from iTunes or iCloud
Accidentally deleted or lost useful contents from your iPhone? Don't worry, there are two ways for you to get them back: restore your iPhone from iTunes or iCloud. As long as you've previously backed up your iPhone with iCloud or used iTunes as your iPhone manager, the following steps will work for you.
How to restore iPhone from iTunes
If you're using iTunes to manage your iPhone content, you must know that iTunes can automatically back up the content of your device, but it doesn't allow you to preview or access the backup file. To get the full content of your backup file, the best way is to get an iTunes backup extractor. Wondershare Dr.Fone for iOS (Mac) or Wondershare Dr.Fone for iOS (for Windows users) is such a tool, and it works perfectly with iPhone 5, 4, 4S, 3GS and other models. Moreover, Wondershare Dr.Fone for iOS allows you to directly scan and find previous messages from your iPhone.
Download the free trial version below to have a try. Choose the right version for your computer.
Step 1. Select the right iTunes backup file to scan
Next, let's take Wondershare Dr.Fonefor iOS (Mac) as an example. When run the program on your computer, choose "Recover from iTunes backup file" to find your iTunes backup and extract it. If you want to scan your iPhone, you can do it with the other mode after connecting your device to your computer.
Now all the iTunes backup files will be found and listed as follows. Just choose one, generally the one with a recent date. click "Start Scan" and begin to extract the content.
Step 2. Restore your iPhone from iTunes
After the scan, you can preview all contents of the backup file, including photos, videos, contacts, messages, call history and notes, etc. Then decide which one you want to restore to your iPhone, and check them to recover.
How to Restore Your iPhone from iCloud
If you already have an iCloud backup, it's also very easy to restore your iPhone from iCloud. This restore is also a kind of all or nothing event. You can't restore parts of the contents selectively.
1. Erase all of the data on your iPhone (make sure you've already backed everything up to iCloud before doing this).
2. Turn on or restart your iPhone.
3. On the iPhone setup screen tap the "Restore From iCloud Backup" choice.
4. Login to your iCloud account and select your backup.
5. You'll see a "Restoring from Backup" message, along with a progress bar that shows you how the restore is progressing.
6. Your iPhone will restart when the restore is complete.
7. You may need to download music and apps again to complete your restore. Your iPhone should do this for your automatically.