How to Recover iPhone Data Lost after Restoring to Factory Settings
Need to recover iPhone data after restore!
My iPhone went into recovery mode after an attempt to upgrade to iOS 8. To get it out of recovery mode, I had to restore it to factory settings. However, all the data I have were lost. Is there a way to get my iPhone data back?
General speaking, when you delete data from your iPhone, it isn't gone forever immediately, but only becomes invisible and can be overwritten by any new data. As to restoring iPhone to factory settings, it's a little hard, because the data might have been overwritten during the restoring. It sounds impossible to recover data from iPhone after factory setting restore. Actually, there is still a chance. All you need is an iPhone data recovery tool. Below are the 3 simple ways to recover iPhone data after restore.
You can also check out the articles below according to the file type you need to recover:
- Recover text messages from iPhone>>
- Recover lost photos from iPhone>>
- Recover lost contacts from iPhone>>
Recover iPhone data lost after factory setting restore!
* Retrieve data from iOS devices, iCloud backup and iTunes backup (including encrypted one).
* Recover iPhone contacts, messages, notes, call history, photos, video, and so on.
* Compatible with the latest iOS 8 and supports iPhone Plus/6/5S/5C/5/4S/4/3GS
* Regain data lost due to deletion, device loss, jailbreak, iOS upgrade or factory setting restore.
Follow steps below:
1. Run the program and choose "Recover from iTunes Backup File".
2. Choose the backup file from the list displayed by Dr.Fone, and click "Start Scan" to get it extracted.
3. When the scan stops, you can preview and selectively recover any item you want from the scan result to your computer. It's can be done in one click.
Note: In this way, you can not only recover data existing in the iTunes backup, but also recover those deleted data, which can't be restored directly from iTunes to your iPhone.
Follow steps below:
1. Run the program and choose "Recover from iCloud Backup".
2. Log in your iCloud account. Choose the backup file you want to download and extract it.
3. Check the backup content and tick to recover the item you want to your computer.
Note: It's totally safe to log in your iCloud account and download the backup file. Dr.Fone won't keep any record of your information and data. The downloaded file is only saved on your own computer and you're the only one to access.
Note: If you use a Mac, use Wondershare Dr.Fone for iOS (Mac) and operate the similar steps as above. Also, you can use Wondershare TunesGo to import your photos, video and contacts to your iPhone effortlessly.
Download the trial version of Wondershare Dr.Fone for iOS below to have a try for free now.