Two Ways to Encrypt PowerPoint for Security
You are here, and you must have some data that you want to password protect to avoid accessing by others who are really not supposed to do. For privacy or security, no matter for what kind of reasons you want to hide your PowerPoint file, you are at the right place. Encryption can be added to PowerPoint. Any viewer wishing to open this presentation will have to enter the password that you have previously set when you encrypted the document. Here recommend you two ways below.
Way 1. Encrypt PowerPoint with its in-built encryption
Actually, the MS office documents offer you the in-built encryption function to set password for your Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc. Set a password for your PowerPoint 2007 as below:
- 1. Open your PPT file.
- 2. Click on the Office image button on the top left corner.
- 3. Choose Prepare > Encrypt Document.
- 4. Enter a password, and then reenter to confirm. That's OK.
Way 2. Password protect PowerPoint file and folder
You also can choose a PowerPoint encryption tool to password protect it. Wondershare WinSuite 2012 can is the one, which can help to encrypt your PowerPoint files or folders with three clicks with the technology meeting US army data protection requirements.
Launch this PPT encryption program on your computer, and go to "Privacy & Security" > "File Encryption". And here you can begin to password your PowerPoint files now.
Only 3 steps you need to do to encrypt your PowerPoint files:
- 1. Add your PPT files or folders you want to hide into the program.
- 2. Set the password for the file or the folder. The password is case sensitive.
- 3. Choose a place for the output file and name the file. Then hit Start to encrypt it.
That's all. Your file has been password protected, and can only be viewed with the password you set.
Advantages of Wondershare WinSuite 2012:
- 1. Allow to password protect folders, besides files.
- 2. Allow to password protect more file types such as Word, Excel, Text, Exe files, etc.
- 3. Allow to password protect videos, music and other files in folders, no matter on your computer or external hard disks.
- 4. The protection cannot be decrypted with any password removal.
- 5. There are more functions it offers you like file shredder to clean your computer activity traces, personal safe to create safe place for your confidential data, and more. Try it and find more by yourself.
Product-related questions? Speak directly to our Support Team >>