Recover Photos Lost When Transferred from Camera to Computer
Have you ever been troubled by this? You were cautiously transferring your photos from camera to computer, but somehow the photos "disappeared". You wondered how it could happen and wanted to recover photos lost during data transfer, while sometimes you successfully do that, sometimes you just failed.
In this case it is advisable to try picture recovery software to check if your lost picture can be recovered. For Windows users, you can try Wondershare Photo Recovery. This risk-free program can recover photos lost from digital cameras or computers with original quality. At the same time, the trial version can let you preview the effects in the thumbnail to see whether your pictures are recoverable or not. Here my suggestion is to scan the camera and computer both, improving the success rate of recovering lost picture.
If you are a Mac user, use Wondershare Photo Recovery for Mac.
Tips: DO NOT install Wondershare Data Recovery to the same partition where you lost data for avoiding overwriting original data.
3 steps to recover photos lost due to transferring
1. Connect the device to your computer, launch the program and click "Start" to begin.
2. Select the device to scan. If try to find back lost photos from computer, directly run the program and select the partition where you lost your photos to scan.
3. After the scan, preview and check the recoverable photos scanned out.
4. Select those you want and perform the recovery.
Video tutorial of recovering data lost during transferring
The reason why you can recover lost photos
After the photo was lost, the data are not always lost, just not visible or readable because the entry index of the system makes a special mark on those data hinting this area can be written over by other new data. So keep in mind: do not put more photos or other data in the same place where your lost picture was stored, since once you put other new files in it, this free space will be overwritten by others, which makes it difficult to recover lost photo.
Some scenarios cause photo loss
1. After connecting the camera to computer, you start transferring your picture. Accidentally you touch the data wire, causing the USB disconnected. Not all the photos are successfully transferred and some are lost.
2. The sudden power-off of the camera or computer could lead the photo lost too. Once that happens, the transferring process would be interrupted forcibly, and some of your photos might be lost.
3. If your computer doesn't have enough space to store more photos, the data transferring would not be finished until some space is released. If you 'Cut'- 'Paste' the photo and keep on transferring it, the photo would be lost.
4. The virus. If your picture is affected with virus, when you transfer it from camera to computer, the anti-virus software in your computer may kill the virus by deleting the photo automatically. The virus is erased but your photo is also lost.
5. There are more situations like this.