Hard Drive Recovery
- 1 Recover Data from different Hard Drive Types
- 1.1 External hard drive recovery
- 1.2 HDD recovery
- 1.3 SSD Recovery
- 1.4 NTFS Recovery
- 1.5 SATA Recovery
- 1.6 Raid Recovery
- 1.7 IDE Recovery
- 2 Operations to save your hard disk
- 2.1 Hard disk repair
- 2.2 Clone hard drive
- 2.3 Wipe hard drive
- 2.4 Fix hard drive
- 2.5 Replace hard drive
- 3 Recover data from different systems/devices
- 3.1 Recovery HD
- 3.2 Mac Hard Drive Recovery
- 3.3 Linux Hard Drive Recovery
- 3.4 Laptop Data Recovery
- 3.5 Partition Recovery
- 4 Problems with hard drive
How to perform partition recovery to restore files from a deleted/lost/damaged partition?
What is a partition?
A hard disk is divided into one or more logical divisions for better resource management and to keep data distributed at different locations as per the user requirement. These logical divisions are known as partitions and give the illusion of certain independent hard disks working in harmony. Typically, these are named s “C”,”D”, “E” and “F” drives. The C drive usually contains the operating system and its corresponding files and data. Drive F corresponds to the CD/DVD ROM. Partitions D and E may or may not be present on a computer or laptop.
Problems with computer partitions
There is a whole list of things that can go wrong with a computer hard disk partition either accidently or otherwise. Some of the most common issues are listed below:
- Deleted Partition: Partitions seldom get deleted themselves unless something is very seriously wrong with the hard disk. Mostly the partitions get deleted accidently.
- Formatted Partition: Like deletion, formatted partitions are mostly the doings of the owners themselves. But they do sometimes get formatted owing to some severe software error.
- Partitions damaged by Viruses: Viruses are nasty; they can render partitions literally useless and the data unrecoverable which can be a real mess if that data was important and you didn’t make a backup.
Using Wondershare Data Recovery to Retrieve data on a Mac
Recovering deleted or lost files from a computer hard disk can be a great hassle especially if you do not have some hands on experience of troubleshooting your own computer. Wondershare Data Recovery is a software for all such people out there who, owing to the lack of experience or time cannot afford to perform a partition recovery on their own. Wondershare Data Recovery lets the user sit back and relax while it does all the retrieval and recovery process itself. Wondershare Data Recovery can be downloaded from http://www.wondershare.com/data-recovery/ . A one-year license can be bought for a mere $29.95 while a life-time license will cost you $39.95 only. It is compatible with Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 8.1 along with MAC OS X 10.6 and 10.10 and offers compatibility a whole range of devices like laptops, desktops and even cameras.
- Download and install Wondershare Data Recovery software on your laptop or computer. Launch Wondershare Data Recovery once the installation is complete. You will automatically be forwarded to the Wizard mode which even lets you select the kind of data that you want to recover. Select the file types that you want to recover according to your need. If, however, you need all kinds of data recovered, simply select “All File Types” and hit “Next”.
- Wondershare Data Recovery will now ask you for the location where the data might have been before you deleted/lost it. Choose suitable option from the list of provided ones or simply select “I can’t remember” if you’re not sure about the location. Click “Next” to proceed.
- Next, Wondershare Data Recovery will ask you to select a scan type based on your preferences. If you want to recover only recently deleted files, select the “Enable Deep Scan” but if you wish to recover files that you may have lost over the course of time, go for the “Enable RAW scan” option. Click “Start” to allow the software to begin the file retrieval process. Once the software has done its job, you will be able to preview the retrieved files. You can then select those that you want to restore by selecting them and clicking the “Restore” option.
How to resolve "Partition failed" problem on Mac OS
This error is encountered when trying to partition a drive from Mac OS X.
The reason behind the problem is although unknown, a simple fix is available. To get rid of the “Partition failed” problem on Mac OS, follow these simple steps:
- Reboot the Mac into Single User Mode by holding Command+S during boot
- At the command prompt, type: /sbin/fsck –fy
- When fsck is complete, type “exit” or “reboot” to reboot
- Boot the Mac as usual, verify the disk again in Disk Utility, and partition as usual.