Help! Missing Operating System in Windows!
It really can't be more annoying than this: when sitting in front of the computer and start it, it gives you back a message saying "Missing operating system" on boot. Just as you are told that you have lost all of things that stored on this computer, really tough luck. As a matter of fact, it's not real. Keep calm and stop worrying about the data. It's just a method that your operating system protects itself, because it gets "sick", or you can also say that some components are damaged. Fix it, and you will find your operating system will become normal.
2 easy solutions to get back your missing operating system
No matter you are using Windows 7, XP, or Vista, you can fix this operating system missing problem easily and effortlessly by yourself. If you have a Windows DVD, copy the first way, if not, take the second one.
Solution1. Fix it with Windows DVD
1. Set the BIOS to use the disc as your primary boot device.
2. Inset the disc and boot your Windows from it.
3. Choose "Repair your computer", not "Install now", remember this.
4. Select the operating system after the installer searches for Windows installation, and click "Next".
5. Then click "Startup Repair". It will automatically fix problems that are preventing Windows from starting.
Solution2. Fix it with a bootable disk
If you don't have a Windows Installation disc, and have no plan to spend hundreds of dollars on it, you can take this way. Get a bootable disk, which can do the same. Wondershare Liveboot CD/USB can be a good option, which can repair this operating system missing issue safely and completely. And it's more competitively priced, compared to the Windows DVD.
Now, follow the steps below to do what you need.
1. Create a bootable CD or USB drive with Wondershare LiveBoot 2012. Insert a blank CD or USB drive into the computer and run the Wondershare LiveBoot. Choose the guide of creating a bootable CD or USB drive according to your requirement. You only need to perform a click on the burning button in the center.
2. Insert LiveBoot bootable CD or USB into your computer, then restart the computer and press F12 to get into the Boot Menu. Choose the USB CD-ROM Drive and proceed. Then choose "Boot from LiveBoot".
3. After getting into the system, LiveBoot will be launched automatically. Choose "Windows Recovery" on the top tab and hit "Boot Crash Solution" on the right menu. In the part of "Type A error messages", you will see "missing operating system" in No. 5.
4. The main reason why operating system is missing is because of the damage of MBR, so take the method 1 as its instructions to repair it.
If this method doesn't work, take next one to run a disk check to repair bad sectors affecting your system files loading, or run bootsect command at Command Prompt to fix boot crash. If all these are not helpful, your operating system must have been damaged deadly, and you have to take the last one to reinstall your Windows and Office. Doesn't matter, this LiveBoot can help you retrieve your Windows CD key and Office key with one click in the part of "Password & Key Finder", no extra money cost.
Common error messages of operating system missing
• Operating system not found
• Missing Operating System
• Setup did not find any hard drives installed on your computer