How to Recover Deleted Calendars on an iPhone
Important data loss from an iPhone is an unbearable thing, though there are numerable reasons that could cause it. Well, your worry for data loss can end up here now. No matter you lost it due to accidental deletion or device broken, there are ways for you to work it out.
Part 1: Directly recover deleted calendars on the iPhone 5S/5C/5/4S/4/3GS
If you only lost items in your Calendar, you can try this way to recover the lost calendars from your iPhone: directly scan it and find the content. Doing in this way, you need to rely on a third-party tool: Wondershare Dr.Fone for iOS or Wondershare Dr.Fone for iOS (Mac). Both programs allow you to recover deleted iPhone calendars in only 3 steps: scan, preview and recover. Now, download the trial version below for free to have a try first.
Step 1. Choose a recovery mode and connect your iPhone
After you launch the program, connect your iPhone to the computer. There are two recovery modes for your option. To directly scan and recover calendar from your iPhone, choose Recover from iOS Device.
If you use iPhone 5S/5C/5/4S, the program's window shows as follows.
If you use iPhone 4 or iPhone 3GS, the program's window shows different. You need to download a plug-in before you scan your iPhone for deleted calendars on it.
Step 2. Scan your iPhone for calendars
For the option of Recover from iOS Device, you can directly click the Start Scan button to scan your iPhone 5S/5C/5/4S. If you use iPhone 4/3GS, you need to enter the scanning mode first by following the steps here:
- Hold your iOS device and click the Start button.
- Press the Power and Home buttons on your device at the same time for exactly 10 seconds.
- When 10 seconds have passed, release the Power button right away, but keep holding the Home button.
After that, the program will automatically scan your iPhone for lost calendar and other data.
Step 3. Preview and recover deleted calendars on your iPhone
After the scan, all lost data will be found and displayed in clear categories. To preview lost calendar, click the Calendar menu on the right side and you can preview the detailed content one by one. Then mark those you want and click on the Recover button. You can save them all on your computer with one click.
Note: The data found in each category includes those deleted recently and those existing on your iPhone. You can separate them by sliding the button on the top: Only display the deleted items. You also can watch the video tutorial below.
Part 2: Extract iTunes to recover deleted iPhone calendars
Step 1. Choose your iTunes backup and extract it
If the deleted calendar has been overwritten by new data and can't be found directly from your iPhone, you can switch to this method: To extract your iTunes backup and check if the lost calendar is here.
First, Click on the Recover from iTunes Backup File menu on the top of the program's window. Then all your iTunes backup files will be found and displayed. Choose the one for your iPhone and click Start Scan to extract it.
Step 2. Preview and recover deleted iPhone calendar from iTunes
When the scanning is over, all data in the iTunes backup become readable. You can preview the calendars one by one in the Calendars category. Then choose the one you want to save it on your computer by clicking on the Recover button at the lower-right corner.
No matter which method you choose, just hope that you can recover the deleted calendars from your iPhone. If you have any other better ways or any problems, you can share them in the comment box below.
Part 3: The Calendar icon is missing on iPhone's home screen
General speaking, Calendar is a build-in app on an iPhone, which won't be missing by itself. If this happens, you need to check your iPhone carefully, so that you don't need to do extra settings on your iPhone. What can you do for the missing of Calendar? Read the list below.
1. Check folders on your iPhone: This must come first. It's quite easy to drag an icon into a folder that you create to sort multiple icons on your iPhone. When it happens by an unintentional action, it's very easy to overlook it. So check it carefully and make sure that the Calendar icon is really missing.
2. Restart your iPhone: From lots of experience of iPhone users, restarting can really solve a few little bugs of the iPhone. It won't hurt your device anything. Just give it a try before you seeking for other solutions.
3. Reset iPhone home screen layout: If you confirmed that the Calendar icon is really gone from the home screen of your iPhone, you can try this way. Resetting the iPhone's home screen layout can only make the home screen layout in factory default settings, not changing your data. Hence, do it without any worry, and then you'll see the icon appearing on your iPhone again.
Go to: Settings > General > Reset > Reset Home Screen Layout.