How to Achieve Hard Drive Data Recovery for Win and Mac OS X
Symptoms of hard drive data loss
1. Empty recycle bin or Trash.
2. Mistakenly format hard drive without backup.
3. Lose data after system restore.
4. Made a wrong operation on the existing partitions after installing a new operation system (like Mac OS X in Windows, or Windows in Mac OS X.
5. The hard drive is logically corrupted or crashed, unable to access the data or files.
6. The partition table is corruptted or damaged.
7. Hard drive becomes inaccessible due to virus inflection.
How to recover lost data from hard drive?
There are still more reasons causing hard drive data loss. As a matter of fact, you definitely have chance to do hard disk recovery as long as the right step is taken and there is no physical damage to the hard drive. Hard drive data recovery is enough to recover data from your hard drive.
If you are a Windows user, Wondershare Data Recovery is such a powerful and reliable disk recovery software for you to recover files from hard drive on your own. It supports the lost data recovery from all situations above. If you are a Mac user, turn to Wondershare Data Recovery for Mac.
Tips: DO NOT install the Data Recovery program to the same partition where you lost data for avoiding overwriting original data.
Here takes Data Recovery for Windows as an example.
Steps to Achieve Hard Drive Data Recovery for Windows
Step 1: Launch the software and select one the recovery modes according to your data loss reason.
• Deleted/Lost File Recovery - Recovering data from hard disk when you command Shift + Del or empty the recycle bin. And retrieve formatted and lost data even complete folder structure from formatted or logical corrupted partition.
• Partition Recovery - Recover lost partition and data due to partition loss, partition deleting, and partition error.
• Raw Recovery - Deep scan and recover data even when the file system is corrupted.
• Resume Recovery - Save and import previous scan results for continuous data recovery without rescanning.
Step 2: Choose the HDD you want to recover data from.
Step3: Preview the files and find out the files you need.
Step 4: Select a destination to save the recoverable data.
Video tutorial of hard drive data recovery
Tips for Better Chance of Hard Drive Data Recovery
1. Before hard disk data recovery, immediately stop using the hard drive and put it in a safe place in case any physical damage may occur.
2. When you are taking hard drive data recovery software to recover files, better save the recovered files to another disk in case data overwriting.