How to Fix Crypt32.dll Error
Crypt32.dll is a module which contains the functions used by the Windows Crypto API. The indication of the problem with your crypt32.dll file comes in the form of an error message or similar ones listed below:
1. "The file crypt32.dll is missing."
2. "Crypt32.dll Not Found"
3. "Cannot find [PATHTO]crypt32.dll"
4. "This application failed to start because crypt32.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem."
5. "Cannot start [PROGRAM]. A required component is missing: crypt32.dll. Please install [PROGRAM] again."
Crypt32.dll errors typically occur when you use or install a third-party program, Windows starts or shut down, or maybe even during a Windows installation. And the errors may be caused by deleting or corruption of the crypt32.dll file. In some cases, crypt32.dll errors could indicate a registry problem, a virus or malware attack or even a hardware failure.
How to fix Crypt32.dll error?
Normally people may download crypt32.dll from a "DLL download" website to replace the old one, but it is not a good idea, and you can obtain it from its original, legitimate source. Most of time, the replacement of crypt32.dll file doesn't resolve the problem. Identify the error firstly and find an effective way to end crypt32.dll errors accordingly.
1. If your PC is working properly before you have deleted the crypt32.dll by mistake, just restore the crypt32.dll file from the Recycle Bin. If it was not there, you may have been cleared the Recycle Bin ever, then you could use a file recovery program to get crypt32.dll back.
2. If a similar message like "The file crypt32.dll is missing" shows up, just reinstall the program that contains the crypt32.dll file.
3. Sometimes, installing drivers will also cause crypt32.dll missing or damaged. In such case, try to update the recently installed driver, or those that are related to crypt32.dll file.
4. Make sure the Windows Registry is health. Find a registry cleaner to repair the registry errors, which may remove invalid crypt32.dll registry entries that cause the crypt32.dll error.
Product-related questions? Speak directly to our Support Team >>