How to Highlight PDF Files in OS X Mavericks
Highlighting PDF files is one of the most commonly used markup methods while reading. After highlighting text in PDF files, users can quickly find the key points in long articles, which can save a lot of time for study and review. For Mac users, Apple's built-in Preview can help you highlight PDF files easily in Mac. But if you also need to edit PDF files, or want to annotate on PDF files with more choices than with Preview, you can use Wondershare PDF Editor for Mac, an excellent PDF editor which gives you the ability to edit, annotate, convert, mark up (highlighting included) PDF files easily within one program. Here is a quick guide showing you how to highlight PDF content in Mac OS X Mavericks /Mountain Lion and Windows.
Download Wondershare PDF Editor for Mac to highlight PDF !
- Download Wondershare PDF Editor for Mac and install it on your Mac;
- Open your PDF file with Wondershare PDF Editor for Mac;
- Click Highlight icon on the toolbar and then select any text you want to markup in the PDF document;
- If you don't like the default highlight color (yellow), you can choose another color in Inspector, and then highlight the text with the color you choose.
This is how to hight PDF text in Mac with a few clicks. And if you need to remove the highlights in the PDF file, there are 2 methods you can try:
- Remove text highlights with Select Tool. Choose Select Tool on the toolbar, and then click on the highlighted text, after choosing the highlight color block, press Delete key to remove the text highlight.
- Remove text highlights from the sidebar list. Choose View -> Sidebar - > Annotations from the top menu bar and you can find the list of annotation info (including highlight) in the sidebar. Click on a line of highlight info, and you can quickly view the highlight text on the left panel. Then press delete key, you can remove the text highlight immediately.
Download Wondershare PDF Editor to highlight PDF in Windows PC!
- Download Wondershare PDF Editor and install it on your Windows PC;
- Click the OPEN icon to open the PDF file you're going to edit;
- Under the Home menu, click Highlight icon on the toolbar and then click and drag over the text you want to highlight ;
To remove the hightlighter from the PDF file, 2 ways are available on Wondershare PDF Editor:
- Right-click to remove text highlights. Right-click on the highlighter and select Delete to remove the text highlights.
- Remove text highlights from the sidebar list. Click the Annotation menu on the left sidebar. Select the corresponding annotation info and click the Delete key to delete it.
Video tutorial for how to highlight PDF files
Try Wondershare PDF Editor right now! Choose the right version for your computer.