How to Convert Windows Movie Maker Files to MP4
Windows Movie Maker just allows us to export the MSWMM project files to WMV video files. Sometimes you may fail to upload Window Movie Maker video to YouTube, or can't get the WMV videos to play on your mobile phones. Here this article will recommend a great Windows Movie Maker to MP4 converter. It will help you convert videos to MP4, the most commonly used video format, with ultrafast conversion speed and in high video quality.
- • Convert Windows Movie Maker project to MP4, MKV, AVI, and any other video formats.
- • Optimized presets mobile phones, PSP, Xbox for easily playback.
- • Burn Windows Movie Maker video to DVD with various menu templates.
- • Download videos from a wide range of video sharing sites at 30X fastest speed.
- Supported OS: Windows 8/7/XP/Vista, Mac OS X 10.6, 10.7 10.8, 10.9
I will tell you below on how to convert Windows Movie Maker to MP4 in Windows. If you are looking for the guide on how to convert Windows Movie Maker to MP4 in Mac, just click here.
1.Save your Windows Movie Maker files as video files
You need to save your Windows Movie Maker project files to WMV video files. When you open a Windows Movie Maker project file, you just click the "Save to my computer" on the left side of its interface to save files as video files. That's because this video converter can only recognize a video file other than a project file.
Note: If you've saved lots of MSWMM files on PC, you need to import them to Windows Movie Maker, and then resave them as WMV video files.
2.Import video files to this video converter
After you launch this smart video converter, you need to click the button on the top-left corner of the interface. And then import the WMV files saved in step 1 to this program. Or you can directly drag and drop them to this program's conversion pane.
3.Choose MP4 as the output format
Click the format image on the right side of the interface, and then you'll see this app's output format list as shown in the figure below. Click the Format tab and go to Video category, at last, choose MP4 as the output format.
Note: If you convert Windows Movie Maker to MP4 format for playback on some device, here, you can directly choose the device as the output format instead. To do it, you can go to the Device category to select what you want.
4.Convert Windows Movie Maker to MP4
On the bottom-right corner of this window, you just hit the "Convert" button to start video conversion. This great Windows Movie Maker to MP4 video converter will help you finish the rest job. A while later, the whole video conversion tasks will be done. And then you can click the Open Folder option at the bottom of the window to locate your desirable MP4 files.
Part 2: More options: Free Windows Movie Maker to MP4 Converter, Online Windows Movie Maker to MP4 Converter
# 1. Free Video Converter: Wondershare Free Windows Movie Maker to MP4 Converter
This is a 100% free Windows Movie Maker to MP4 converter. You can use this application to free convert Windows Movie Maker video in any format to AVI, MP4, MKV, MOV, and also you can use it extract music from movies.
1. You can only use it to convert Windows Movie Maker video to common videos, but can't convert to 3D & HD videos.
2. No presets for devices available to use.
3. You can't use it to burn your Windows Movie Maker video to DVD.
# 2. Online Video Converter: Online-convert
Online-convert is a very popular online Windows Movie Maker to MP4 converter. Many people like to choose it as the best online MP4 video converter.
Pro: online converter, no need to download a third-party software
1. You are allowed to free convert videos 4 times.
2. The conversion speed is normal, while Video Converter Ultimate has 30X fastest speed.
3. You can only use it to convert files less than 100MB.
Want to get the best Windows Movie Maker to MP4 converter? Video Converter Ultimate is definitely your right choice.