How to Transfer Spotify Music to Google Music Library
Why would you use Google Music over Spotify? Spotify is good at providing music based on your taste and social networking, some of which you have even not heard of. But you have to pay monthly fee to listen to favorite music (requires install player on every machine). If you want to backup your music online and access them on many computers and devices any time and anywhere, then Google Music is your choice, which is totally free and even for its All Access servic, you need to pay less compared to Spotify.
But if you like music on Spotify, here are two solutions to transfer Spotify to Google Music. Frist is by using an audio recorder like Wondershare Steaming Audio Recorder to download all Spotify music and then transfer to Google Music and hear from any computer and devices without any charge. The other is by Portify, which copies your Spotify playlists to Google Music automatically, but doesn't allow you to get actuall MP3 files.
- Download Spotify music to MP3 without quality loss
- Retrieve song info for every track
- Download Spotify playlists without stop
- Schedule to download and filter out ads
How to Download Spotify and put into Google Music
Step 1 Install this Spotify music downloader
Download this tool first to your computer and remember to choose the right version. Then get it installed and launch it immediately.
Step 2 Record Spotify Music to Computer
With Streaming Audio Recorder, you hit the record and it saves any playing Spotify music to computer. Song titles, album artwork, and other music tags will be automatically updated so it's convenient to upload to Google Music with the official Music Manager. If you are using iTunes, you could also easily add Spotify music to iTunes.
Step 3 Upload Spotify to Google Music from Computer
When Spotify music is recorded to computer, you need Music Manager to upload Spotify to Google Music. Here are specifics. Skip the first 2 steps if you have installed Google Music on your computer.
- 1. Visit http://music.google.com and login with your Google account and password.
- 2. Download and install Google Music Manager. It works on both Windows and Mac.
- 3. On the first run, you will be asked to enter Google account, and upload music from iTunes, Windows Media Player, or folders on computer. Here choose 'Other folders', and then 'Add folder' to select the folder you stored your recorded Spotify music. (Tip: If you want to change the location to upload music from, go toAdvanced > Location of my music collection, and click Change.)
- 4. Set up whether to upload songs that you add to the specified folder in the future.
- 5. Now your Spotify music will be uploaded to Google Music.