How to Download Spotify Music to Google Music Library
Why would you use Google Music over Spotify? Spotify is good at providing music based on your taste and social networking, some of which you have even not heard of. But you have to pay monthly fee to listen to favorite music (requires install player on every machine). If you want to backup your music online and access them on many computers and devices any time and anywhere, then Google Music is your choice, without installing anything (except the initial upload with Music Manager).
But if you like music on Spotify, here is the solution to transfer Spotify to Google Music. By using an audio recorder like Wondershare Steaming Audio Recorder, you can get any Spotify music to Google Music and hear from any computer and devices without any charge. Will you be giving a try? It's free.
1 Record Spotify Music to Computer
With Streaming Audio Recorder, you hit the record and it saves any playing Spotify music to computer. Song titles, album artwork, and other music tags will be automatically updated so it's convenient to upload to Google Music with the official Music Manager. If you are using iTunes, you could also easily add Spotify music to iTunes.
Note that if you have a slow network, increase the milliseconds to 1000 or above in Settings on top. If the time interval is too short, your Spotify songs may be recorded into several pieces of files.
2 Upload Spotify to Google Music from Computer
When Spotify music is recorded to computer, you need Music Manager to upload Spotify to Google Music. Here are specifics. Skip the first 2 steps if you have installed Google Music on your computer.
- 1. Visit http://music.google.com and login with your Google account and password.
- 2. Download and install Google Music Manager. It works on both Windows and Mac.
- 3. On the first run, you will be asked to enter Google account, and upload music from iTunes, Windows Media Player, or folders on computer. Here choose 'Other folders', and then 'Add folder' to select the folder you stored your recorded Spotify music. (Tip: If you want to change the location to upload music from, go to Advanced > Location of my music collection, and click Change.)
- 4. Set up whether to upload songs that you add to the specified folder in the future.
- 5. Now your Spotify music will be uploaded to Google Music.
Tips for getting Spotify to Google Music
1. 2 audio recording formats are supported by Spotify music recorder: MP3 (.mp3) and AAC (.m4a).
2. A wide range of bit rate are available: 256kbps, 192kbps, 128kbps, 96kbps and 64 kbps. The higher, the better, but file size will be slightly larger.
3. Spotify allows to sync songs to iOS (without iTunes) and Android devices so that you can enjoy all music anywhere. But it requires Spotify Premium account to listen to your own music on mobile devices. However, 14-days free trial is provided for new users.