Download and Convert Any YouTube Videos from Safari
Safari is the default and a pretty good browser for Mac. There are many cool things about Safari, including Top Sites, Cover Flow, Reading List, etc. Although Safari doesn't have an extension library like Firefox, you can still find a YouTube downloader extension to download YouTube videos from Safari. Wondershare AllMyTube for Mac is what we recommended. It is a piece of desktop software. But after installation, it will add an download extension to Safari to help detect and download YouTube videos.
- 1. Download any YouTube video with a click
- 2. Turn YouTube videos into MOV, MP4, M4V, MP3 and any other regular video/audio formats you want
- 3. One click to download YouTube playlists and channels
- 4. Support extra 40+ video sites like Facebook, Vevo, Vimeo, Metacafe, Megavideo, and Dailymotion
How to use Wondershare AllMyTube for Mac to download YouTube videos
Step 1.Install this Safari YouTube downloader
Download this program from the above link and get it installed. After installation, a download extension will be added to your Safari.
Step 2. Download YouTube videos in 3 ways
Go to YouTube to find videos you like and then you can download the videos in three ways.
1). Click the Download button directly to start youtube video downloading in Safari.
2). Copy the video url and click the Paste URL button on the primary window
3). Directly drag and drop the URL to the primary window
Step 3. Convert YouTube Videos (optional)
To play downloaded FLV videos in Mac, you need to convert them to MOV, M4V or other Mac friendly formats. AllMyTube knows your needs. With it, you could convert YouTube to video/audio in any popular format. To do so, first switch to Library tab and check the boxes in front of videos you want to convert. Then click "Convert" button to select output format. Finally click OK to start converting YouTube videos.
How to Download YouTube video with Safari YouTube downloader--Wondershare AllMyTube for Mac
Extra Safari YouTube Downloading Tips:
1. There is a specialized use to download YouTube to FLV in Safari for Mac: When you open a video on YouTube with Safari, press Command+Option+A to open the Activity windows, then double-click on the item larger than 0.5M (usually 5M depending on the video length). The Downloads window will show up and a YouTube FLV video is downloading. However, QuickTime doesn't support FLV, you need a video converter to convert FLV to MOV or other QuickTime compatible formats.
2. Get Free YouTube Downloader if you want only download Safari YouTube to FLV instead of other formats.