How to Record Rdio Music to Google Music Library
Google Music is one of the cloud lockers, while Rdio is the top streaming service. According to ReadWriteWeb author Richard MacManus's opinion, these two kinds of services are merging. Both of them allows you to hear music from multiple devices: your PC, smartphone, tablet, iPod, TV and more. The only difference is the ownership of songs. With Google Music, you own the music whatever it's purchased from online store, or ripped from your CD. With Rdio, your monthly subscription allows you to listen anything, ending up owning less.
Of course, you can use both of them. And if you like, sync Rdio to Google Music, combining benefits into one: unlimited music and the ownership. Here is the solution to get Rdio songs to Google Music. With this all-in-one online audio record, Wondershare Steaming Audio Recorder, you can rip/record any Rdio music to Google Music for free (except Rdio subscription free). Will you be giving a try? It's free.
1 Recording Rdio Music to Computer
After Streaming Audio Recorder is installed, open it and hit the record button to saves any playing Rdio music to your computer. Song titles, album artwork, and other music tags will be automatically updated. It's also an all-in-one package to edit audio and create ringtones for your smartphone.
Tips: If you have a slow network, increase the milliseconds to 1000 or above in Settings on top, otherwise, your Rdio songs may be recorded into several pieces of files depending on the silence caused by your internet connection.
2 Uploading Rdio to Google Music from Computer
When Rdio music is recorded to computer, the next thing is to upload Rdio to Google Music. You need Music Manager to fulfill Google Music library with Rdio music. Here are specifics. Skip the first 2 steps if you have already installed Music Manager on your computer.
- 1. Visit http://music.google.com and login with your Google account and password.
- 2. Download and install Google Music Manager. Select Windows or Mac version depending on your system.
- 3. On the first run of Music Manager, the music upload wizard will guide you to upload music from iTunes, Windows Media Player, or folders on computer. Here choose 'Other folders', and then 'Add folder' to select the folder you stored your recorded Rdio music. Next time when you want to upload music from other place, go to Advanced > Location of my music collection, and click Change.)
- 4. Set up whether to upload songs that you add to the specified folder in the future.
- 5. Then your Rdio songs will be uploaded to Google Music.
Tips for getting Rdio to Google Music
1. 2 audio recording formats are supported by this Rdio : MP3 (.mp3) and AAC (.m4a).
2. A wide range of bit rate are optional: 64 kbps, 96kbps, 128kbps, 192kbps, and 256kbps. 256 kbps is recommended for better audio quality.
3. Rdio allows to sync songs to iOS (without iTunes) and Android devices so that you can enjoy all music anywhere. But free trial version doesn't provide offline feature. So you need internet connection to listen Rdio online. By contrary, Google Music is free and offline feature is always available.
Watch the video turorial below to start download Rdio music and transfer to Google Music.
Product-related questions? Speak directly to our Support Team >>