How to Play Google Music Offline
Google Music is your music locker in the cloud. However, not all machines, especially mobile devices, could stay online all the time. So it's necessary sometime to play Google Music offline.
Play Google Music Offline on Android Devices
If you are using an Android phone or Android tablet, you are lucky. Here are the steps to play Google Music when you're not connected.
1. Make sure you are in the correct view. On the Music app on your Android phone, select the Albums, Artists, or Playlists view using horizontal navigation bar at the top of the app. On the tablet, use the drop down menu in the top left corner to switch views.
2. On your Android phone, touch the menu button and choose 'Make available offline'. On your tablet, this menu is at the top right corner of the Application bar.
3. Touch the gray pin next to each item you want to play offline. You can select multiple items at once.
4. The gray pin will turn green, marking that the items will be played offline.
5. Touch 'Done' and the Music app will start downloading the items to your device.
1. You could also touch the triangular menu button next to any album, artist, or playlist, and select 'Available offline' to download Google Music to Android.
2. Dim green pins indicate songs or albums that are transferred from a computer.
Play Google Music Offline on iPhone/iPad/iPod
Since Google doesn't release an official music player for iOS devices, there are 2 methods to play Google Music offline on iPhone/iPad/iPod: 1) Download Google Music to computer and transfer to your device. 2) a third-party music player such as gMusic that supports offline playback. If you have any other methods to play Google Music offline, you are welcome to comment.
Note: just tap the triangle next to anything in a list and pick Offline.
If you have purchased the music, you could also download Google Music to your iTunes library and sync them to your iPhone/iPad/iPod to play when you can't connect to the Internet. Therefore, you don't need to pay extra $1.99 for gMusic player.
Play Google Music Offline on Computer
As you know, Google provides a Music Manager for you to download Google Music to computer. But, wait, it ONLY applies to purchased Google songs?! Yes, so you may need to know how to download any Google Music - purchased and uploaded - to computer so that you can use for offline playback.
After download google music to your computer, you can use Wondershare Player to play and manage your google music. With the intuitive design, do less and enjoy more!