How to Convert MP4 to M4V
MP4 is an Apple supported video format, however, sometimes you can't play MP4 files in QuickTime/iTunes/Apple TV, or MP4 can't be recognized by your iPhone, iPad, iPod etc. The reason is that your MP4 code isn't supported by your devices or applications. This article will directly recommend a professional and easy-to-use MP4 to M4V converter to help you deal with the nerve-racking video codec problem. With the help of its straightforward interface, you can quickly perform the MP4 to M4V conversion.
- • Convert MP4 to M4V, MOV, MKV, AVI, or any other popular video formats.
- • Optimized presets for iDVD, Final Cut Pro, iMovie, and Apple phones.
- • Make a professional DVD by burning MP4 to DVD with many built-in menu templates.
- • Add metadata (film cover, description, comment, directors) to any of your videos.
- Supported OS: Windows 8/7/XP/Vista, Mac OS X 10.6, 10.7 10.8, 10.9
Just find the tutorial below on how to convert MP4 to M4V for Windows (Windows 8 included). Also just click here to know how to convert MP4 to M4V in Mac (Mavericks included).
1.Add MP4 videos to the MP4 to M4V converter
There are totally three optional ways to import your MP4 files.
2.Select M4V as the output format
To select M4V, just click the format icon in the "Output Format" pane to open the profile drop-down list, and then go to the "Format">"Video">"M4V".
And then you need to set video codec. Hit the "Settings" option, then in Video Encoder option, choose H.264. Of course, you can also set other parameters, such as1280 by 720 pixels and 30 frames per second etc. Click "Ok".
Note: This app also provides you with an optimized format for each Apple devices. Of course, you can also select one from "Device">"Apple" category.
3.Convert MP4 to M4V
Convert MP4 to M4V by pressing the "Convert" button on the bottom-right corner of this app. It's done. After conversion, find the converted files in the output folder. Just transfer them to iTunes, iPhone, iPad, and iPod etc for uses.
Video Tutorial: How to Convert MP4 to M4V for Windows (Windows 8 included)
# 1. Free Video Converter: Wondershare Free MP4 to M4V Converter
You can use this free MP4 to M4V converter to convert MP4 to M4V without watermark. The tutorial is similar to Video Converter Ultimate.
Pro: 100 % FREE MP4 to M4V converter
1. Comparing with Video Converter Ultimate, you can only use it to convert common video, but 3D and HD videos are not supported.
2. The free MP4 to M4V converter don't have presets for iDevices. You need to set the parameters manually.
3. In terms of the converted video quality, it doesn't as good as Video Converter Ultimate.
# 2. Online Video Converter: Zamzar
The free and online MP4 to M4V converter is very easy to use. You can just import your MP4 file, and then set output format as M4V. Finally you can click the "Convert" button to start to convert MP4 to M4V online.
Pro: easy to use, online video converter
1. You can only use it to convert files with the maximum size of 100MB.
2. The conversion speed is quite slow. It can take you a lot of time.
The M4V format is a common video file format developed by Apple and mainly used in iTunes store. It is very close to the MP4 format. The main different between the two is the optional Apple's DRM copyright protection. Almost all M4V files purchased from iTunes store have DRM copyright protection. These files can only be played in authored devices, while MP4 can be played in any device.
If you care much about the output video quality, conversion speed and the optimized presets, just get Video Converter Ultimate below.