MP4 Player: How to Play MP4 Files
Can't play MP4 files on your computer, windows phone, or Windows Media Player? If so, you can check out the solutions here. There are different solutions offered in this article. You can try either one out to resolve your MP4 playback problem according to your own preference.
- It converts MP4 to any format compatible with Windows Media player or QuickTime player, making you play any video on Mac / Windows seamlessly.
- It has many built-in optimized presets for various devices. You can convert directly to your iPhone, iPad, HTC, Samsung, TV, etc.
- It works at 30X faster speed to let you feel free to convert large media files without any quality loss.
Wide Format support
Support converting 150+ video formats like AVI, MP4, MKV, QuickTime MOV, FLV, etc.
Directly set your Android or Apple devices as the output format without setting parameters manually.
30 X Fast Speed
Convert files at superior fast speed than all the major converters on the market.
Perfectly extract music like MAV, MP3, M4A, etc,from movies or TV shows.
Enhance your video by trimming, cropping, rotating, adding subtitle or effects, etc.
Download videos from many video sharing sites like YouTube, Facebook. etc.
How to Convert MP4 to Windows / Mac Supported Format
1.Import MP4 video to this application
After installing this software, you can directly drag and drop your video to it, or you can click "Add Files" on the main interface to import your MP4 file.
2.Set output format
Click the format icon under the Output Format button, and then click "Format" category or "Device" category to choose your output format.
1. Extract Audio: you can just choose "Audio" like MP3, M4A, AC3, etc under the Format category as output format.
2. Edit Video: you can click "Edit" on the imported video to personalize your video according to your desire.
3. Add Metadata: you need to choose your output format from MOV, M4V, HD MOV, HD M4V, or any Apple device first, and then click the "i" button on your video to automatically add metadata.
3. Start to Convert
Hit the "Convert" button on the lower right, and then you will get your converted MP4 video in a few minutes. After this, you can play MP4 on computer, or you can play MP4 on Windows Media Player, or play MP4 on mobile phones.
Part 2: Play MP4 in Mac/Windows with the Top 3 MP4 Players
VLV Media Player is my top recommendation. It is well-suited across different platforms and user-friendly even for the beginners. It is a MP4 player for Windows (Windows 8 included), Macintosh, and Linux. You can just throw any of your video into this player and then enjoy your movie at ease.
Wondershare Player supports both Windows and Mac OS. It even has an Android version, Player for Android. It can play a wide range of video or audio formats between Android & Other Devices seamlessly.
MPC-HC is only for Windows. It is a lightweight player, you can enjoy movie on any SSE CPU, even on your old computer. You can use it to play any common video and audio file formats available. It is 100% clean software, no advertisements or toolbars.
Question: Why can't I play MP4 with Windows Media Player on PC, or on my Mac?
Answer: 1. Actually MP4 is a compatible format with Windows Media Player. If you still can't play it, the reason is that MP4 is a multimedia container with video and audio in different codec. So, it all depends on what your MP4 video is encoded with.
2. For Mac users, the default player is QuickTime player which commonly supports MOV format. You need to use a video converter to convert MP4 to MOV.
Question: Why can't I play MP4 with my phone?
Answer: If your video is downloaded from internet, you need to first make sure whether it is drm protected. Secondly, it may still about the MP4 codec thing or the player installed on your phone doesn't support MP4.
Here you can try to install a new player supported by any format or just take Video Converter Ultimate to convert MP4 to your corresponding device with its optimized presets.
Question: Why VCL can't play MP4?
Answer: Please check whether your MP4 file is corrupted, or just try a new player or converter to easily solve your problem.