How to Upload iPhone/iPod/iPad Music to Google Music
Have switched to Google Music for free cloud music storage (up to 20000 songs), free released music and plenty of bargains? Congrats. But how about the music you purchased from iTunes? Never mind. Here is the solution to upload songs on your iPhone/iPad/iPod to Google Music.
Since Google Music Manager features iTunes music uploading, you could firstly transfer your music from iPhone, iPad, or iPod to iTunes, and then upload iTunes music to Google Music with Music Manager.
Transfer iPhone, iPad and iPod Songs to iTunes
If all your songs on iPhone, iPad, and iPod are from iTunes, skip this step, and directly upload iTunes songs to Google Music with Music Manager. However, for songs not purchased in iTunes or not existed in iTunes, you need to firstly transfer to iTunes. Here is the place where Wondershare TunesGo (for Windows users) or Wondershare TunesGo (Mac) comes in. It's an easy-to-use iPhone/iPod/iPad transfer to copy songs from iOS devices to iTunes or PC. In addition, it gives you the power to export the songs info, including play counts, ratings and skips, at the same time.
Now, let's take the Windows version as an example.
Step 1. Set up your iPhone/iPod/iPad to your computer
Download and install this program on your computer. Launch it. Use a USB cable to connect your iPhone/iPod/iPad to your PC. As long as your iOS device is connected, this program detects it and then displays it on the main interface.
Step 2. Transfer music from iPhone/iPod/iPad to iTunes
In the primary window, click "Copy iDevices to iTunes" and "Start". As you see, all media files, like music, videos, Podcast, audiobook, are ticked off. If you only want to export music, you should remove the marks before other media files. Click "Copy to iTunes". Then, this program starts to export music files that iTunes doesn't have.
Click "Media" in the left column. Then click "Music". Tick off music files you decide to export and then click "Smart export to iTunes". Then, this program will begins to transfer music files to iTunes, filtering out those already in iTunes. Or, you can also click the triangle under "Export to">"Export to iTunes library".
To export iPhone playlists, click "Playlist" in the left column. Choose playlists. Then click the little triangle under "Export to" and then click "Export to iTunes library".
Upload music on iPod/iPad/iPhone to Google Music from Computer
Now that all your songs on iPhone/iPod/iPad have been backed up to iTunes library, just follow these steps to upload iTunes music to Google Music.
1. Visit music.google.com and login with your Google Account and password.
2. Download and install Google Music Manager. Both Windows and Mac versions are provided.
3. On the first run, you will be prompted to select where your music files are stored. Here choose iTunes. Next time, If you want to change the location to upload music from, go to Advanced > Location of my music collection, and click Change.
4. Set up whether to upload songs that you add to iTunes in the future.
5. Now, you have uploaded music on your iPhone/iPod/iPad to Google Music.
Google Music Uploading Tips
1. By changing the location to "other folders", you can upload songs to Google Music from selected folder.
2. To upload DRM protected to Google Music, you need to remove DRM first.
iTunes to Google Music Notes
1. MP3, FLAC and OGG are fully supported.
2. Protected AAC (DRM, M4P), ALAC (Apple Lossless), WAV and AIFF formats are not supported, while WMA files are only supported by the Windows version of the Music Manager.
3. FLAC, OGG and AAC files are transcoded to 320kbps MP3.
Product-related questions? Speak directly to our Support Team >>