Free AVI Player for Windows 8: Easily Play AVI Files in Windows 8
AVI, Audio Video Interleave, is a multimedia container format commonly used in our daily life. However, its compression standard is not universal and different compression standards can cause failure while playing an AVI file. Thus, you may often fall in trouble to play certain AVI files on the newly installed Windows 8. How to troubleshoot the problem? In this article, 3 free AVI player Windows 8 are introduced to help you play AVI files on Windows 8 smoothly.
Solution 1: Versatile free AVI player for Windows 8 (Recommended)
Wondershare Free Video Player plays most video files with no external codecs needed, including codec avi windows 8. It supports 100+ video formats and has many impressive features. With it, easily take snapshots, rotate videos to correct orientation, change aspect ratio from 4:3 to 16:9, deinterlacing your video, adjust playing speed, and more.
To play your AVI files, simply drag and drop them to the program window, or click "Add files" to build a playlist for convenient playback.
Solution 2: Play AVI on Windows 8 with K-Lite Codec Pack installed
K-Lite Codec Pack is a collection of codecs and related tools, designed as a user-friendly solution for playing all your movie files. With the K-Lite Codec Pack you should be able to play 99% of all the movies that you download from the internet. Compared to other codec packs, it has below advantages:
- It it always up-to-date with the latest versions of the codecs.
- It is very user-friendly and the installation is fully customizable, meaning that you can install only those components that you really want.
- It has been very well tested, so that the package doesn't contain any conflicting codecs.
- It is a very complete package, containing everything you need to play your movies.
Solution 3: Powerful AVI player for Windows 8: VLC
VLC media player is the most popular media player available for all people! It's simple, fast and powerful media player. With it, you will not be worried about the format.
- A highly-portable, customizable free media player.
- Cross-platform: Windows XP/Vista/7/8, Mac OS X, Linux, iOS, etc.
- Support tons of formats: AVI, MOV, FLV, 3GP, MPG, AVCHD, and more. Torrent movies and streaming videos over the internet are also included.
- Packet-based structure: due to this special feature, it's able to play damaged, incomplete, or unfinished video files. This is especially useful when you want to play the video while still downloading.
Tips: To get the most out of your AVI files, you can convert AVI to WMV free or other popular formats using Wondershare Free Video Converter. After the conversion, you can play it on many other portable devices with no limit. Download free video converter here: