FLV Player: How to Play FLV Files
FLV is one of the most widely-used streaming media formats on the Internet. Because it's the preferred format of choice for many video-sharing sites like YouTube etc. So people can easily get FLV files from the Internet and save them on their computers. Therefore, playing FLV files smoothly on the computers has become very important. This article here shows you how to fix the FLV playback problem. There are two parts in this article.
- Part 1: How to Play FLV Files with FLV Players in Mac/Windows
- Part 2: How to Convert FLV Files for Playback in Mac/Windows
Windows FLV Player
If you are a Windows user, you probably try to play FLV files with the built-in media player—Windows Media Player. At this time, you would get frustrated, for FLV is not the format that WMP supports naturally. So you should select other FLV players to play them smoothly on your PC. Here I recommend a free yet all-around FLV player- Wondershare Player.
It supports a wide range of video formats like FLV, MPEG, VOB, AVI, ASF, WMV, MOV, MP4, MP3 and more. So you can use it to handle almost all video formats. Apart from its wide video support, this smart media player has more intuitive features, for example, it automatically adds similar media files to create a playlist, so that you don’t need to add them manually. In a word, it’s the best FLV player of your choice. Now download or explore more information about this intelligent player>>
Mac FLV Player
Mac users can also encounter the same problem if QuickTime is used as their FLV player Mac. QuickTime doesn’t FLV format. The same solution is to use other players or convert FLV to a QuickTime compatible format in Part 2.
If you don’t want to use other players to play FLV files, you can choose to convert FLV for any player you want. Download and install a smart Video Converter ( Video Converter for Mac ). And then get the details below:
1. Run this app and import your FLV files to the program.
2. Select a compatible format for your player. To do it, you can click the “Format” icon on the right side to open the output format window to select one according to your need.
3. Click the “Convert” button to start converting FLV for more compatibility. When the conversion is done, you’ll find your player can play the output files very well.