- 1 ID3 Tag Software
- 1.1 Online ID3 Tag Editor
- 1.2 Free ID3 Tag Editor
- 1.3 Music Organizer
- 1.4 Audio Editor
- 1.5 MP3 Tagger
- 1.6 Muti Tag Editor
- 1.7 MP4 ID3 Tag Editor
- 1.8 Track Editor
- 2 Edit ID3 Tag
- 2.1 Rename
- 2.2 Remove
- 2.3 Clean up
- 2.4 Convert
- 2.5 Fix ID3 Tags Effectively
- 2.6 Edit ID3 Automatically
- 3 Edit ID3 Tag in iTunes Library
How to Edit ID3 Tags Automatically
If your music library is well tagged, organising it becomes a very simple task. Tracks or playlists without sufficient information can be complicating especially while browsing or playing them. In fact, it can more frustrating if you discover that a number of the tracks are named incorrectly or don’t have a name at all or aren’t organized in their albums. It can even be more complicating if the playlists’ genre or artists aren’t arranged perfectly. Such stress can simply be eliminated by various programs that automatically do ID3 tags editing. This article will provide valuable details on how to edit ID3 tags automatically.
Part 1.Edit ID3 tags of your MP3 collection in Apple iTunes
It’s very easy to update album tracks or playlists with correct ID3 tag information for instance, artist, and album as well as track number via iTunes. You can add, remove or edit the information about the tracks or songs. Do the following:
Getting Tracks Information
- Open the iTunes. Copy the playlists or albums tracts into iTunes by simply dragging and dropping them. Make sure you have downloaded and installed iTunes.
- To edit album information, select the songs or playlists or tracks. Then select them on album.
- Tap (Control + Click) or simply right click and then tap ‘Get Info’
- Now, you can edit, remove or add album’s artist, artist’s name or year the album was released. To save the changes, tap ‘Ok’
Editing Album Information
- To edit track information, you will need to choose each track and tap ‘Get Info’ to get information of each track.
- You can rename, add or remove track’s number, title etc. To save the changes, tap ‘Ok’
Locating Album Folder
- To locate album folder, visit ‘Macintosh HD’ and then ‘Users’ and then ‘insert username’ and then ‘Music’ and then ‘iTunes’ and then ‘iTunes Music’ and lastly ‘Artist name’
- Drag & Drop it or copy it somewhere. From here, it is easy to compress including sharing it with others. You can as well add albums or edit them.
- Sometimes, you may try editing the field but doesn’t work. If you experience this, select the tracks and then tap (Control + Click) or simply right clicking. Then select ‘Convert ID3 tags’. You will have an option of choosing various ‘Translate text Characters’. Choose ‘ASCII TO ISO LATIN-1’. Save changes by clicking ‘Ok.’ This will sort out the problem.
Photo 3: Selecting Translate Characters
Part 2.Edit ID3 Tags with TunesGo
It’s very imperative to make sure that your playlists or tracks have entire ID3 tags embedded perfectly as well as ensuring tracks or playlists’ information is correct. Tunesgo is a program that conduct ID3 editing effectively. To use Tunesgo, you must download and install it. Also, make sure if your device is compatible with it.
Launching TunesgoPhoto 4: Launching Tunesgo
Importing/ Scanning Music or Tracks
Immediately the program is launched, iTunes is automatically scanned by it as well as adding playlists or tacks to its library. This action is done even if you add new tracts once you have opened the program.Photo 5: Music Files,Selecting Songs
If you saved your playlists or tracks in other folders, it’s import to import them. To do this tap ‘Music’ and copy the songs or drag and drop the music folder to the library or simply file tray.
Begging to Fix 1D3 Tags
To start fixing ID3 tags, the first step is to identify the song and the tap ‘Identify Button.’ The button usually identify selected songs if you decide to choose many tracks at once. When fixing, it’s easy to find the tracks information. Also, lyrics can easily be searched out.Photo 6: Selecting Songs or Folder to Edit
Scan button located at the header is very essential in batch fixing of ID3 tags of tracks. You can as well prevent duplication songs using it.
Remove Duplicated Tracks
The next step is addition of ID3 tags to tracks. Select the track you want and then tap ‘Apply.’ You’re done after thisPhoto 7: Remove Duplicated Tracks
Scanned and rename Music With Inaccurate TagsPhoto 8: Scanned and rename Music With Inaccurate Tags
Editing Various FieldsPhoto 9: Editing Various Fields
If you wish to include more information about a particular song or tract then you will need to alter or change its information. A good example is when use a new image of the artist. Also, you may decide to include special details or message to the track. This can simply be done by clicking ‘Edit’ (this icon can be seen below). Then, information any information you want to your preferred track.
Fixing Music Covers/Images/LogoPhoto 10: Editing Various Fields
You should certainly be happy after following these tips on how to edit your tracks or music library by employing these two methods. The reason why most people prefer Tunesgo is that it can also be used as track player. You can play or listen to your favourite tracks via the program.