Have your switched your web browser from Firefox to Chrome? Me, too. We have been together to help put Chrome to the second place of browser market share. Bravo! According to my own experience, Chrome is more stable and faster than Firefox. If there is any flaw, it's the lack of an online video downloader like DownloadHelper for Chrome.
Video DownloadHelper for Chrome?
When I just switched to Chrome, I visited Video DownloadHelper's homepage to see whether there was an official DownloadHelper for Google Chrome. But in vain. And I also found many users asked for the similar download extension for Chrome on many forums:
- Is there Video Download Helper on Chrome? —Catherine
- I need to download video from Facebook. Does Chrome have Video Download Helper Plugin? Where can I get it? —Margaret
- Video Downloader Extension With Multiple Sites —Annie
Now I find my solution: AllMyTube. It helps download any online Flash videos (FLV) like those from YouTube, Facebook, Vevo, Vimeo, Metacafe, etc. - More than 40 sites are supported. AllMyTube adds a download button to the videos so that you can download online videos in one click. If you want to play videos on portable devices, AllMyTube also does the conversion perfectly. Give a try.
Step 1: During installation, you need to tick Chrome as the browser this app supports.
Step 2: Run Chrome to find your favorite video. And then play it.
As shown on the above image, when you've installed AllMyTube, you will see a download button to the left corner when you mouse over the playing video.
Step 3: Just click on the download button to automatically open AllMyTube and start downloading videos to computer.
Well, before you try this DownloadHelper for Chrome alternative, know something different:
- It's desktop software but works seamlessly with Chrome.
- It downloads up to 20 videos at the same time without waiting.
- It converts online videos to any format you want without installing extras.
- Automatically transfer to iTunes for syncing to iPhone/iPod/iPad if Apple Device formats are used.
- Extract audio from downloaded online videos.
- Easily share information on Facebook and Twitter.
- A lightweight yet powerful video converter for MP4 and FLV files on your computer.
- A built-in FLV player to watch the downloaded file without installing codecs and players.
Hope you love this Chrome video downloader similar to Video DownloadHelper for Firefox. See below step-by-step video tutorial.
What's Video DownloadHelper?
If you are using Firefox without Video DownloadHelper, you have spoiled your opportunity to use the most powerful video downloader extension. It enables you to download things like YouTube files and images in a simple way. Get Video DownloadHelper here if you switch back to Firefox for such a great video download extension.