How to Convert MP4 to Windows Movie Maker
Can't edit MP4 in Windows Movie Maker? The reason is that MP4 isn't supported by it. You will have to convert MP4 videos to Windows Movie Maker compatible video formats first. This article will recommend a great MP4 to Windows Movie Maker for help. It can handle videos in all formats, including MP4 format and make them best suitable for Windows Movie Maker quickly and easily. Also it is equipped with advanced video editing features.
- • Convert videos in any format to popular formats (AVI, WMV, MKV, etc.), and even HD and 3D videos.
- • Convert MP4 directly to Windows Movie Maker without setting any parameters.
- • Extraordinary video-editing like trimming, cropping, adding subtitle, and more.
- • Burn almost any video to DVD at 30X fastest speed and in high output quality.
- • Add metadata to any downloaded and homemade videos to better organize videos in iTunes library.
- Supported OS: Windows 8/7/XP/Vista, Mac OS X 10.6, 10.7 10.8, 10.9
The guide below is on how to convert MP4 to Windows Movie Maker in Windows (Windows 8 included). If you are a Mac user, just get here to know how to convert MP4 to Windows Movie Maker in Mac (Mavericks included).
1.Add MP4 files to this MP4 to Windows Movie Maker converter
Hit the "Add Files" on the top-left side or in this app's pane to browse your computer and import MP4 files. Alternatively, directly drag and drop MP4 files to this program. For the two different ways, you can choose any one to import your wanted MP4 files to this app for video conversion.
2.Choose a suitable output format for Windows Movie Maker
There are two different methods to open this app's output format window. One is to click the down-arrow button on the right side to do it, the other is to directly click the format image icon. After that, in the output format window, you just hit the "Device" tab, and then select "Windows Movie Maker" option from "others" category. The output format is specially designed for Windows Movie Maker and fully compatible with this application.
This app also lets you edit your videos. Just click the "Edit" button in each video item bar, and then you have option to trim, crop, change effect, and add watermark, subtitle etc. If you want to merge several video clips, just tick the "Merge all videos into one file" option in the main interface.
3.Start videos to Windows Movie Maker conversion
On the bottom-right corner of this Video Converter 's main interface, there is a "Convert" button. Just click it to convert MP4 to Windows Movie Maker compatible formats.
Next, this app will automatically finish the rest job for you. You can let it run in the background. When the percentage completion reaches 100%, you can click the "Open Folder" option in the main interface to find these converted files. Now, you open the converted files and edit them in Windows Movie Maker. You can find there'll no trouble any more to import files into WMM.
Video Tutorial: How to Use the MP4 to Windows Movie Maker Converter for Windows
Part 2: More options: Free MP4 to Windows Movie Maker Converter , Online MP4 to Windows Movie Maker Converter
# 1. Free Video Converter: Wondershare Free MP4 to Windows Movie Maker Converter
Take this Free MP4 to Windows Movie Maker Converter, and then you can free convert MP4 to Windows Movie Maker compatible format.
Pro: easy to use software, complete free.
1. You are only allowed to convert common videos, but you can't convert to 3D and HD videos.
2. You can take this free application to convert MP4 to WMV, but you can't use it to convert MP4 to Windows Movie Maker directly. Because it doesn't have optimized presets for Windows Movie Maker.
3. It does't have the function of burning DVD.
# 2. Online Video Converter: Zamzar
You can also use this free online MP4 to Windows Movie Maker to solve your problem easily.
Pro: No software to download, 100% free
1. You can only use it to convert your file less than 100MB
2. The output video quality is not as good as Video Converter Ultimate.
Looking for a professional video converter to quickly solve your MP4 video incompatibility issue? you'd better try Video Converter Ultimate. It will save you a lot of time and effort on converting videos.