How to Convert AVCHD to MP4 in Mac/Win (Windows 8 included)
AVCHD is the digital recording and playback of high-definition video format. When you record video footage by an AVCHD digital camcorder, the captured footage may carry MTS, M2TS, or TS extension, which most phones and video-editing programs don't recognize. Therefore, if you want to enjoy them on your windows or Mac, you have to decode them in a more common format like MP4.
- • Convert AVCHD in MTS, M2TS or TS to any format including MP4, AVI, MKV, MOV, and more.
- • Optimized presets for MP4 supported devices like Android & Apple phones, iMovie, Xbox, etc.
- • Convert video to DVD at 30X fastest speed.
- • Personalize your video by trimming, cropping, adding effects, adjust brightness, etc.
- Supported OS: Windows 8/7/XP/Vista, Mac OS X 10.6, 10.7 10.8, 10.9
How to Convert AVCHD to MP4 with Wondershare Video Converter
Here I will tell you how to convert AVCHD to MP4 for Windows (Windows 8 included). Also just click here to know how to convert AVCHD to MP4 in Mac (Mavericks included).
1.Add MP4 videos to the AVCHD to MP4 converter
Connect your camcorder to computer by USB, and then Click "Add Files" to import your source AVCHD files. If your videos are available on the desk, simply drag them directly into the program window.
If you want to merge all your AVCHD files together, tick the "Merge all videos into one" option at the bottom.
2. Set MP4 as output format
Click the Format icon on the right side to access the output format list. Here, flexible options provided, both on formats and devices.
- • Common MP4 video: select "Format">"Video"> "MP4", if you'd like to adjust the parameters like bit rate, frame rate, resolution, etc, click "Settings" button in the middle bottom of the main window.
- • HD video MP4: you can choose "Format">"HD" > "MP4", its wonderful virtual experience, but large size.
- • Optimized presets for devices: scroll down and select the specific Model of your device. The presets usually works great, and you can find almost all handheld device.
3.Customize your videos (optional)
Besides essential conversion ability, this AVCHD to MP4 video converter (Windows 8 supported) also provides powerful editing tools to enhance your video effect: e.g. Trim, split, Crop, Effect, Watermark, Subtitles.
3.Start AVCHD to MP4 conversion
When all settings and modifications satisfied, all you need to do is simply click Convert, and let's this smart video converter do the rest.
After the conversion, share them with your friends and family or upload to YouTube. Also, now you can import it to your iPhone, iPod, PSP, Zune, etc smoothly and quickly to enjoy them on the go.
Video Tutorial: How to Convert AVCHD to MP4 for Windows (Windows 8 included)
# 1. Free Video Converter: Wondershare Free AVCHD to MP4 Converter
Just take this FREE AVCHD to MP4 converter to covert MTS, M2TS or TS to MP4. Then you can simply play the AVCHD file on Mac or Windows.
Pro: It is a complete FREE AVHCD or MTS converter. You can also use it to edit videos and download YouTube videos at fast speed.
1. The free version doesn't support converting AVCHD to 3D or HD videos, while Video Converter Ultimate supports.
2. There are no presets for mobile phones or FCP, iMovie, making your conversion not as convenient as Video Converter Ultimate.
3. The output video quality is not as good as Video Converter Ultimate.
You can use the free online video converter below. It converts videos to almost any format.
Impressed with the powerful function of Video Converter Ultimate? Just download it below.