How to Convert AVI to iPhone 4S in Mac/Win (Windows 8 included)
"I have some divx-movies (.avi) on my computer and I want to convert them, so I can watch them on my iPhone 4. I have tried Handbrake but it doesn't work. And also, I can't search anything useful with Google. What program should I use?"
To play AVI on iPhone 4S, iPhone 4 and other models of iPhone, you first need to convert AVI to iPhone compatible formats like MP4, MOV or M4V. This article introduces two solutions for converting AVI format to iPhone format in Mac and in Windows (Windows 8 included) for assisting you to do the playback. Here we go the step by step guides:
- Part 1: How to convert AVI video to iPhone in Mac
- Part 2: How to Convert AVI video to iPhone in Windows
To do such an AVI file to iPhone file Mac conversion, you need a professional video converter for Mac to help you. The one used here supplies you ultra-fast conversion speed as well as loss-less video quality:
- Directly drag & drop your AVI files to the Mac app, or head to "File" menu then choose "Load Media Files" to import your files for converting. Batch conversion is allowed;
- Select your output format. For iPhone, this converter has supplied an optimized preset for the device so you can directly choose it: open the format list > Go to "Device" > Select iPhone. The preset is available for iPhone, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS and iPhone 4;
- Click "Convert" to convert AVI to iPhone in Mac running Mac OS X Snow Leopard, Mac OS X Lion etc..
Below is a detailed video tutorial:
You need an AVI to iPhone Video Converter, which can help to convert AVI format to iPhone 4 supported formats. This Converter could be a good choice for you. All you need to do is very simple in three steps.
Step 1. Add AVI files to the AVI to iPhone converter (Windows 8 supported)
Two ways for you to add AVI file:
1. Click the "Add Files" button to add AVI video files to the AVI video to iPhone converter.
2. Directly drag your AVI files into the AVI video to iPhone converter.
This converter supports batch conversion, so you can import and convert several multimedia files at one time.
Step 2. Select output format
The easiest way to set the output format is to click the "Format" image button on the right side, and find your desired one in the "Apple" category. You can click "Open Folder" drop-down list to specify a directory on your computer to save the output files.
Step 3. Start conversion
Click "Convert" to begin AVI to iPhone video conversion. The converting progress bar shows you how much of the encoding is completed.
That's all. You can enjoy and share your AVI videos on your iPhone 4 now. What's more, if you want your videos to be more amazing, you can set video resolution, bite rate, codec and frame rate to get perfect output videos, as well as edit the AVI video files by trimming, cropping and adding special effects and watermarks, before you output it. This AVI video to iPhone Video Converter (Windows 8 supported) allows you to do it!