How to Easily Play MTS, M2TS Files
To fix your MTS or M2TS files rendering problem, this article will show you some efficient but easy-to-practice solutions. It includes two parts by taking the MTS file as an example.
- Part 1: How to play an MTS file in Windows/Mac with the MTS file player
- Part 2: How to change your MTS files to playable files in Windows/Mac
- Part 3: How to burn your MTS files onto a DVD
On Windows, you may have tried using Windows Media Player to playback your MTS files, but it has failed because the media player doesn't support the MTS file format or the M2TS. While in Mac, the native media player - QuickTime's result on the MTS files was exactly the same.
In order to playback your MTS files, you can try out another media player like the Wondershare Player. This media player has a broader format support and offers more helpful functions which can meet the demand of rendering your MTS files. Download this wonderful media player for a trial and experience the theater-like entertainment with breakthrough sights right now!
Besides Wondershare Player, there are also numerous MTS players in the market you can use as an alternative. However, you can only play your MTS files on the computer, but you won't be able to fully utilize your MTS files. For instance, you can't edit the media files in Windows Movie Maker, iMovie or Final Cut Pro. To make it even worst, the files are not organized in iTunes or synced to your devices for playback. So if you do want to use these files freely, the solution in part 2 will be highly recommended.
In order to use the MTS files without failure inclusive of the M2TS files; you could convert the MTS files to a supported file format in either your Windows or Mac operating PC. It's actually not a difficult task job if you have a professional program handy. Simply follow me through on the tutorial about how you can convert an MTS file in a Mac PC using the Video Converter for Mac.
Note: If you need to download and install it in a Windows PC, head to MTS converter to get the detailed guide.
Install and run the Mac version, connect your camcorder device and then all the files will be displayed on the interface. Just tick the files you want and proceed to Load to to start importing the files;
- Choose your desired file format as the output format according to your conversion need. With the broad format support, you can easily choose to convert the MTS files to either an AVI, MP4, WMV, MOV and much more;
- Click Convert to convert your MTS files now (M2TS files included).
There's more you can do with the Video Converter Ultimate such as editing, downloading straight off popular streaming sites such as YouTube as well as copying or burning your video files onto a DVD. As such, I'll quickly brief you through one of the many built-in features today; on how you can burn your MTS files onto a DVD.
- Drag in your files upon launching the Video Converter Ultimate,
- Select Burn from the Task's menu,
- Click on Edit if you want to crop, trim, add effect, insert watermarks or subtitles,
- Choose your DVD's menu from the option at the bottom of the interface,
- Decide on the Quality of the DVD,
- Select either burning your MTS files onto a physical DVD disc, ISO image or etc from the Burn to's menu,
- Once ready, click on the Burn button (at the bottom-right of the interface).
If you require more information, you can always refer to the guide right over here.