How to Convert MTS to MOV in Mac OS X Lion/Windows
MOV is a file extension used by the QuickTime-wrapped files, created by Apple Computer to work with multimedia files, while MTS is a file extension for the high definition digital video camera recorder format. And MTS is only popular with saving cam videos and rarely can be found in other places and also is out of format supported lists of many popular devices and apps. Which means, if you want to enjoy your MTS camera videos with Apple software or devices, you'd better convert MTS to QuickTime MOV or other compatible formats instead.
The tutorial focuses on MTS to QuickTime MOV conversion for assisting you to finish the job as quickly and efficiently as possible. To convert MTS to MOV, you need to one more thing: a professional MTS to MOV Video Converter for Windows or Video Converter for Mac (Mountain Lion, Lion supported). An easy-to-use MTS to MOV Converter absolutely helps you a lot during the conversion, such as the ones used in the following sample of MTS to MOV conversion would finish the task within three steps keeping the video quality at the same time. Here we go the detailed guide:
- Part 1: How to Converter MTS to QuickTime MOV in Mac OS
- Part 2: How to Converter MTS to QuickTime MOV in Windows OS
You just download the MTS to MOV Mac converter, install and run it. Then you need:
- Connect your camcorder, and you can see all recorded MTS files as soon as this program has detected the device. Now, you can untick the files you don't want, and then click the "Load" button to import the files you want to this MTS to MOV converter for Mac. Batch conversion is offered.
- Open the format list then choose "MOV" under "Video" section as your output format. In fact, if you are about to play the converted file on iPhone, iPod, iPad or edit in iMovie, Final Cut Pro etc, you can choose the optimized preset for the device or app offered.
- Click "Convert" to convert MTS to MOV in Mac running Mac OS X Snow Leopard,Mountain lion, Lion, etc
Step 1. Add MTS video files to this MTS to MOV converter
You can click the "Add Files" button at the top right corner of this app's main interface to load video from your computer to this app's left pane, or just drag these files to this app's file list for video conversion.
Step 2. Edit MTS video file (Optional)
This MTS to MOV Converter also provides editing functions. If you want to make your video more optimized or personalized, you can click the "Edit" in the menu to clip, adjust, add subtitles, etc. to your own taste.
Step 3. Set MOV format as the output format
Click the Format icon on the Output Format pane, then you can choose MOV in the "Format">"Video" category, then you may also click the "Settings" button to do some extra settings, such as the encoder, resolution, frame rate, bit rate, etc.
Step 4. Start conversion
Click the "Convert" button to start converting MTS to QuickTime MOV. Here you can right-click the video which you already set the output format, choose "Apply Profile to All", to set output format of all MTS to MOV. After this Video Converter finishes the conversion process, you can click "Open Folder" to find out where you saved the converted files.
Import MTS to Final Cut Pro : The step-by-step guide will show you how to import MTS to Final Cut Pro for further editing.
Convert MTS to Any Format on Mac : Wondershare MTS converter for Mac allows you to convert MTS to any audio/video format or device etc.
Convert M2TS/MTS to iMovie : Convert M2TS/MTS to iMovie for making masterpieces and keeping the sweet memories forever.
Convert AVCHD M2TS/MTS to iTunes : Convert MTS or M2TS to iTunes supported formats for file management or syncing to Apple devices.
What is MTS File : This article explains what is MTS files in detail.